a language exchange
As we continue to build The Hearth Community, we are always looking for ways to learn new skills and share our knowledge.
Greater Boston is a multicultural and multilingual region, and we want to embrace the global community in our microcosmic city with the newest Hearth Event: Fireside Chats, a language exchange.
- Wish you could remember more (or any) of your high school Spanish/French/German?
- Are you looking for a safe, supportive environment to practice your English?
- Did you learn Latin and don’t know why?
- Do you speak an uncommon language that you never get to hear?
- Want to learn a few words in Greek or Thai, (or French, Mandarin, German…) before your next vacation?
We’re thrilled to be working with Hosteling International, our host for Fireside Chats. In addition to the Hearth Community, they host 48,000 guests a year from all around the world and pride themselves on being a community institution. Their mission is to help all, especially the young, gain a greater understanding of the world and its people through hostelling.
WHEN: Third Sundays from 2:00-4:00pm
WHERE: Hosteling International. 19 Stuart St, Boston, MA 02116
WHAT: Every month, we will start with a short lesson to learn a few words in a new language and then break into groups to practice whatever language you are interested in.