A family style potluck with art as the appetizer.
Connect with the welcoming, creative people who make up the Hearth Community at our monthly themed community potluck, every Second Sunday from 6:30-8:30 pm. After dinner, join the jam session, try your hand at an art activity, or just digest and hang out with some great people.
Admission: $10 or bring a homemade potluck dish and get in for free! One dish per attendee. RSVP on Facebook to let us know you’re coming.
Location: The Democracy Center, 45 Mt Auburn Street, Cambridge, MA 02138
What to bring: A homemade potluck dish (optional). An instrument, if you have one.
Food Restrictions: We welcome food with anything in it! Whatever you make, please label it to help out our community members with food restrictions. These same folks will really like you if you feel like trying your hand at gluten-free, vegetarian, or dairy-free foods.
The Democracy Center is partially wheelchair accessible, no accessible bathroom on site. The Mandela, Parks, and Chavez rooms are accessible, but the Library is not. Wheelchair users are welcome to use the accessible restroom at Daedalus while we plan our improvements for bathroom accessibility. To reach that bathroom, exit the ramp and turn left on Bow St, at the next building (Daedalus) use their accessible entrance and their restroom will be on the right. More information at: democracycenter.org/accessibil
Hearth Dinners in 2017
- DECEMBER 2017 – Holiday Party!
- NOVEMBER 2017 – Hearthsgiving!
- OCTOBER 2017 – Downton Abbey Murder Mystery
- SEPTEMBER 2017 – Tiny Foods Potluck!
- AUGUST 2017 – 4th Annual Picnic in the Park!
- JULY 2017 – The Hearth’s 4th Birthday Party!
- JUNE 2017 – A Tea Party to Benefit Miranda’s Hearth
- MAY 2017 – Family Favorites Potluck
- APRIL 2017 – Sustainable Potluck Supper
- MARCH 2017 – Comfort Foods Potluck
- FEBRUARY 2017 – Cook to Impress Potluck – CANCELLED
- JANUARY 2017 – First Time Recipe Potluck
Hearth Dinners in 2016
- January 10, 2016 – Launch of (W)rite a Passage with Kara Kulpa
- February 14, 2016 – Valentine’s Day Paper Flower Making with Jaclyn Woods and Ben Warren
- March 13, 2016 – Vintage Tea Party with Jaclyn Woods and Miranda Aisling
- April 10, 2016 – Vegan Cooking Workshop with #WhatIMake Conference Speaker, Cameron Gray
- May 8, 2016 – Drawing Games with Miranda Aisling
- June 12, 2016 – Mask Making Workshop with Amy Darnton
- July 10, 2016 – From Seed to Plate workshop with Robin Miller
- August 14, 2016 – Annual Summer Picnic at the Cambridge Commons Park
- September 11, 2016 – Race and Equity Training with Meenakshi Verma-Agrawal
- October 9, 2016 – Harry Potter Dinner with Rebecca D’Antonio
- November 13, 2016 – How to Zine with Laura Meilman
- December 11, 2016 – Tiny Gingerbread House Workshop!